Saturday 12 June 2010

Introducing Lyra Starbark, age 60 days

Yeeeeah, you'll be getting a lot of pics like these in the future... Poor quality, repetitive subject... Apologies in advance, but f you were in my shoes, you'd do no different :P

The ride home, hugging the gift bowl...
Having to learn a few more rules about posing for photographs (No, no, do NOT eat the camera!)
Theeeere you go. Isn't this the clearest stare you've ever seen on a puppy? It's also a bit angry, because I just put her leash on her...

Ah, well.. The first night is behind us. She has stopped crying to call for her sibling pups and not just kind of yelps when she's manhandling a toy - I think that's the start of howling barks when she's located  prey. I think. may be just as talkative as me... She also farts like a Vesuvius.
            After five hours of sleep and seeing for myself how mesmerized the General is (he doesn't know it, but whenever they are communicating, he's smiling. It's SO cute.), she has already chosen her three favorite spots: on her throne (with the big bowl as a pillow), between my feet while I'm typing this - as she can see the bed from here.. and just under the bed where I can reach her if I'm sleeping, petting her tummy nonetheless...

Spoiled little fart. Can't wait to see how General manages to prevent her from jumping onto the bed when she's big enough. Yeah. Like that will happen just because he saw a couple of episodes of Dog Whisperer and does Caesar sounds at her. Hah!