Tuesday 22 February 2011

127 hours

Hah, this shows I could never be a doctor. I am actually nauseated to the point of vomiting, but haven't eaten yet, so...
         I've watched the ending to the 127 hours. Have tried watching the whole deal, because it's truly a well made film, but I can't. Ultimately, for sure, what the man did is an excellent portrayal of a will to live, the "There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can hinder the resolve of a determined mind" if you will (Wilcox) and possibly something one simply does - something that's almost impossible to watch and still so very logical when you indeed are between a rock and a hard place. It's not even the fact that he amputated himself that's so impressive - it's how extremely thought through the whole return was - he didn't blindly run around screaming and bleeding. There had to be actual climbing involved.
         And then at the end there's that song and his insistent trek out of the canyon and I cried like a five-year old, it's THAT well done. Those poor people, who find him and can just stare and bring more and more water and the helicopter rescue, who makes him walk to the ride... I know that some die at this point. I think most who come off high peaks die like this in base camps. Their hearts just fail. Not this guy, though. This guy seemed to really want to die another day. 
          Well done, lad. Well done :D  I wonder if the Academy will praise him as well by awarding the young actor who did the portrayal? :)

0 comments: