Friday 11 March 2011

Another glorious wake-up sex, so if I die today while driving to get the ill aunt out of the hospital, I shouldn't have too many regrets - provided somebody actually manages to get all those of my books on stand-by /posthumously/ published  :p  It's a long ride, dad will come along, probably commenting on my driving every single bit of the way, and I'm thinking about taking Starbark also. She should probably get used to long rides. Gods know I intend for her to joyride through many :D  Save for a few nooks, I should know the road by heart by now. Looks like the day is also going to be spotless.

In other headlines, we watched a couple episodes  of Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, but they are hard to watch. I can't really put my finger on it, but that show just sucks. I mean, it has Forest Whitaker, whom I can never get enough of and I love his character and costume, sort of zen monk executioner mind and a body of a 30-year old, but he seems waaay overdone and his constant gym scenes are ridiculous.  The scripts just feel super flat. YES that was a sublime scene in the Criminal Minds episode where we first meet this shady new team, but do you have to re-do it *every* *single* *time*?? The rest of the cast is... well, there's Janeane Garofalo, who I am not sure what she is, but she looks either scared or ashamed to be in a TV show - hey, darling, TV is the next black!. There's some anorexic Irish dude that I can't understand half the time and last night he did the 'I'm s super sniper, so it's my fault the other evil sniper is doing the evil snipering thing just to mess with me'. Done to death, people?! And get better consultants, that's not how snipering works. (There is also some less handsome, more strong-silent unpredictable guy that likes to jump the justice system and shoot bad people, and the necessary retired supermodel that doesn't do much else than pout in a sexy way, wear tights and kind of flirts but not flirts, since she's supposedly a very capable agent woman. Or something.) Oh, and we also get a minute or so of the perky Kirsten Vangsness in the exact same role as she has in CM, only here she just always types and talks very fast and delivers half of the witty come-backs as she would if she actually had someone on the other side of the phone.

However, there is something that made my day yesterday (plus more tattooing the General and fine, fine coffee time with Drey:D) - I came across (my daily fishing for iApps) - Theodore Gray's Chemistry App introduction video. That just transfixed me. So the geeky science teachers aren't extinct yet?? :D I was  deeply in love for the duration of the video. It brought back my whole childhood zeal in one tidal wave :D

0 comments: