Saturday 23 July 2011

On the road...

This is me, going straight into the eye of the storm. Oslo a has been bombed the evening before we set sail for Norway and situation has not improved now, that we are en route to the lands of the midnight sun. As far as I can tell, the circumstances have gotten just the right amount of  difficult for my liking - the borders have been raised from the Schengen pact -though then again of course if they piss me off worst enough, I'll turn this Howl's Moving Castle around and take us down all the way down the Adriatic. Can't believe some retard actually killed almost a hundret people. That's not even insane anymore, that's just plain.... Fucked up.

So far, seven hours in, we are right on course and having a jolly good time or at least as much as five people with 300 pounds of luggage in afamily car can. We stop every three hours to stretch our fins and pee (some of us whether they like it or not :p) and I am getting used to (b)logging whilst in the co-drivers' seat. Thus far no luck with finding free WiFi, but we did manage to plug the pad into the car charge and I can now doodle all I want and power the battery at the same time. I am becoming a lewd offspring of cable-works. 

This NoteTaker shit is proving to be magnificent, but of course I have to see if a) I'll manage to actually publish any of this (guess it worked) and b) manage to bring home a novel and edit it in my good old stationary PC... (no offense). 
.....
Tired, and having donethe 1k of road scheduled, we've cotted ourselves into a small hotel in Hannover - a quaint city as cute as any, though of course we have no time/wit/energy to give it the sightseeing tour it deserves. We're just here to sleep, plan and shower and then move on, towards the Norway border. Tomorrow we should sleep on the south-western swedish shore, in a camp, and then early on Monday see what we can see regarding the original route. As free WiFi is proving to be a hundredfold the bother it was in Africa and Asia, I'm learning to take notes and questions down in advance and then just web browse for answers when I can, in a hurry. Am kind of looking forward to the day when internet is everywhere, without hassle. But for now I am grateful for the little cute stuff going on - that will surface from tge moody waters as soon as my shoulder stops to ache and I,ve had a decent sleep :p

Catch ya laters, hotties. Noises from the street remind meof home and I miss my dog, but I got a date with Snufkin and I plan to steal his hat until he chases me across the Lapland :P Also, check out an article in July I think National Geographic, about a seed Noah's Ark thingie - I wanna check that ou, too...

0 comments: