Sunday 15 January 2012

I love the way my dad and the General talk about war stuff when I ask them something - like they were actually there. They know all the names, all the locations, they checked all the sights later on, know all the urban legends of why someone killed someone else, who were the traitors, where the cowards were hiding, how the reinforcements arrived over which ravine and so forth... Down to the materials they used to make make-shift guns and the stuff they were eating. I only get to ask one question at a time per day, because they already tell me way too many things to write town or remember. Also, most of the stories are fucking depressing. I'm still deciding whether to include the war route into my book. The chapter is mostly written, the idea is kind of good, but still, I just don't know.

0 comments: