Saturday 2 November 2013

Wet (well, frozen) dreams about Iceland

Probably because winter is heading this way, or because I have been watching way too much of the first 5 minutes of Prometheus, or because I am slightly obsessing over Aningaaq and in desperate need for a new subject for my next book (going thorough 4o or 5o ideas per day), I am fantasising about hitchhiking Iceland. I would have probably done it ages ago, if there wasn't for fear of rain and ugly weather. Other than rain and ugly weather, it has everything I am in love with, regarding hitchhiking: it's a desert. It's flat, it has curious people and, above all, it's knock-your-socks-off beautiful. On a sunny day. Which come in exceptions, supposedly.
       Never forget, kids - you can go a long way with a bag of butter cookies, oranges, a camera, with a long lasting battery, and willingness to walk for four days in a block.












0 comments: