Tuesday 1 July 2014

Second day, no sugar

I'm really surprised how much sugar is forced into our daily diets! I can't find ANYTHING I normally eat, free of it. It's in my fucking insta coffee. I can get an insta decaf and I can get an insta sugar free cappuccino - but is there an insta sugar free decaf? NO. It's in bread. It's in fruit. It's in every milk I like - soy, rice AND barley. It's in every drink except water, in sauces and I don't even dare check if it's in nuts, because then I'll just lose it. 
I have never worried about diabetics before, I do now. How do you find nutrition lacking short-chain, soluble carbohydrates??
Unbelievable.

And here's the kicker: I'm starting to notice it missing for my usual dietary rampage. The body knows something isn't as it should be. I imagine if I tried to avoid salt, it would just kill me?

3 comments:

Tina Teršek said...

Just to tell you...in raw cake that you have been eaten last afternoon...there was no sugar in it...just dates and banana...you are allowed to eat that, yes? :D

Paper Kay said...

Fuck that, I'm moving in with you for the next month. If you'll be my cook, I'll be young slave :D I can sing, too!

Tina Teršek said...

hahaha, I will keep my promise...soon :)