Friday 28 August 2015

Dog is totally in heat and almost impossible to walk, because she is trying to sexually assault every other dog we meet, almost regardless of gender or neutering or no neutering... Was thinking about going uphill to my parents tomorrow, to ask their opinion on something that's been bugging me for the past few days. It helps to have two journalists as parents, because believe me, they've seen it all. But will have to go without the dog, which they won't be happy about. 

I'm about 85 pages in with the Goose. I'm stuck a little bit, because am not sure how to arrange the order of three events, not necessarily all of them obliviously related: do we meet Spiff & Bros first or do we meet the Sherridans first. Originally it was the Sherridans first, but now it feel more logical to fist meet magical creatures and as a result, meet their human counterparts, who will clearly later be more substantial in decision making... This gives Spiff's brothers an air of illusion, as if they've always been a metaphor. The third event is the Pumpkin prince incident. It belongs in the middle, but I don't want to stretch it - the battle first and then the trip later. I just want to get it over with and mention a story about it already exists. Because once this part is over, there comes the falling in love part. Where everyone falls in love (except me, who just gets to play a mother hen.) and the world comes to an end :D

Am reading 'Love in the Time of Cholera' to keep my mental tone of text rich and 'Silkworm', a crime novel, to keep the conversations feel modern and blunt. For a while the dream king spoke really aloofly and I thought it was funny when Paper tells him to slow down on the Right-Click-Synonyms, because she doesn't know if he's being condescending or not. :p And also the protagonist of the books turns me on, because he reminds me of G and there is something arousing about a man with a severe injury from a battle.  The General has many scars, as a soldier should. I find that deeply erotic.

0 comments: