Sunday 25 December 2016

New books

The General and my parents bought me new books as prezzies and the one G got me was the most beautiful book I've seen in along time - love at first right, which I wouldn't be able to afford on my own. It's called My Daily Bread and it's by a guy named Klemen Košir. He self-published it in 2013, winning the 'most beautiful Slovenian book' award in 2014 and then again the next year with his other self-published book and so on... meanwhile the major national publishing house stole his entire concept and created a magnificent (same, really) book of it's own, which is on my lits, and the food chain Lidl made theirs as well, of the identical format, so that one - this is the one parents gave me - is very beautiful as well. the main theme of all there is taking photos of food preparation from straight up directly down, and arranged with these gritty, old, worn details, old tables, old tools, old pottery and so on... 
Another gift that came into this household yesterday was a small enamel red pot with white dots on it, which i want to serve G's food in, but I'll need a nice wooden spoon for it, as you can't eat from a metal dish with a metal spoon... Instagram site offer by this guy is exactly what i'm after, but locally...






0 comments: