Wednesday 3 May 2017

Poverty is passing. Books are forever.

I tried hard, really hard to stay strong. G gave me some pocket money when I went to LJ and I WANTED to be a good girl and spend NONE of it and return it to him secretly, slipping it into his wallet, aware he needs it more than me. I really tried.
But of course I offed to the Big Bookstore and spent an hour looking around for a proper gift book for a nephew's big day. PLENTY of magnificent books, some so yummy I am glad to be poor, because I would have to hire a van to get them all home. Magnum's Contact Sheets is as of now at the top of my wish list...

I had EXACTLY 28 bucks in my pocket. And that's when I saw it. Right there. In the middle of the desk of travel books and planet monographies. Tiny. Cute. Adorable. I looked inside. It was perfect. Love at first sighting. Ideal for a gift even, but no, I don't gift such books, I keep them all. 

No. I can resist. We haven't money for books now, no matter how beautiful. No matter what price they ...


ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???!! 27,11????? The EXACT amount I have?! What is this, Stephen King's Needful Things??!!

....


.......


..............


I am weak.








0 comments: