Sunday 8 October 2017






Yesterday was a sublime day. Okay, maybe not wholesomely sublime, but certainly awesome, with sublime sprinkled on it. Still fully in the mood of watching BL2049 up on the balcony (off limits to civilians), sitting between Niko and a teen kid I’m fond of, who left for Japan the next day, in the morning, I had a date with a potential client - a neat project and the coffee was good. Then a pretty girl whom we had agreed to shoot some portraits on the fly called for us to meet at an open kitchen market. She had a black hamburger and I found the food to be silly and overpriced. I was hoping for S to show up, alas. I genuinely desire to kiss that woman. But mom phoned me that gran found her way uphill again and was desperate, because supposedly the General has a secret love child and I am leaving for the US. We did not know that, but, I have to say, my poor gran’s senile paranoia is getting more elaborate every day. At least for once mom was the one who had to deal with it. It took me ten years to get out of the horrified to amused phase.
The lovely red-haired, Lyra and I then offed to a lake side – blessed with the perfect weather, because for a moment it seemed it will be far too cold to do any outdoor shots for a while in anything other than cardigans and blankets. But, the scenery was perfect, the weather was perfect, and Lyra, who is not too fond of raft bridges, slept on my jacket and basked while an occasional swan passed by to check for food.
The model brought with her all kinds of evening wear, as she is a concert violinist, so I made a huge effort to take photos other than close-ups of her face. We talked, mostly about men, which was an exhilaratingly original subject for me – I know it’s not for every other woman of the rest of the world – and then migrated to another location. We had coffee and great toast at a café near an abandoned palace, then moved to shoot closer on the estate, while the sun was setting. Lyra played around, we shot and it was cool. Instead of normal three hours, the shoot has been going on for seven and still it was inspiring.
Calling it a day for now, we returned to the city and she treated me to a dessert dinner at a BBQ place down town. Though the General has made a good full meal and was waiting for me, I apologised, saying I took a preference today and was hanging out in company and going to pubs to stuff my face with ice-cream and cheesecake :D I was too tired to do much of anything at home (okay, I made a potato salad), made a few photos, read some manga and passed out. Had good dreams.
‘Twas a good day. I’m sure today will parry it in some way, haha. 













0 comments: