Friday 3 November 2017

900

Offed to see a mono-show by a guy I know, it wasn't half bad. Drej saw it before and recommended it; it's a bout a foundling on a trans-Atlantic passenger boat, who kinda gets adopted by the boat and becomes a piano player. He lives on the ship and has all kinds of adventures, up until the moment they decommission it with dynamite. I liked the play-off he has with a self-proclaimed inventor of jazz; that is a good story. The actor told it well. 
    Bits I didn't like were bad words and some poorly translated words - and from time to time I felt like G watching a war movie: I kept thinking the person who wrote this script never actually saw a boat or spoke to a seaman and was counting on the audience not to have the experience, either. But other than that, it was a neat show. 



0 comments: