Wednesday 17 January 2018

... those who carry their own light with them in suitcases

Okay, here we are. The first false light in. I have become of those who carry their own light with them in their suitcases.

Well, manufacturer boxes, as I cannot ATM afford anything other than the light.
Just one. A light. But it packs a punch.

G et moi drove to the capital to see how exactly the lights offered in the only shop with studio gear found so far, actually looks like. This was a good plan. As it turns out, the ones I had my eye set on were shit. If I ordered them on-line, I’d have been heartbroken.

Ultimately, for the budget I had, instead of three lights and a frame for background, I came home with just the one light. It’s shiny – nowhere near as shiny as I would need for bigger things, but shiny enough to try and learn how to use it to the best of its possibilities. I also purchased the big oblong reflector thingie and ages ago, a long long time ago, I incidentally bought on-line and have never been able to use until now, a particular beauty dish. Which I now need to find under a mountain of unused gear.

Now I need a patient victim to practise on. And I need to figure out transport, because once we managed to assemble the softbox, I am NOT doing that again.


… and now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll go and try to fold back the fucking shiny thing ….

0 comments: