Friday 6 April 2018


Oddly sleepy day. Drew the last of the picture book pages last night - actually well into the morning - and very bravely got back up at 7 to take out the mutt ... I have not felt so underslept since as long as I can remember. Normally I love being awake in the wee hours and catch up in the afternoon. But nuhhhh. Cranky, dizzy, heavy, witless ... I came back home and went straight back to bed, didn't even eat. We woke up past 2 pm. Drove to buy planks for the new railing, then I circled the Pokemon route a bit, nearing lvl 27, lovely weather outside, and spent the rest of the afternoon waiting for the reply from the client. Never fun, really, the client limbo. You always try so hard, but can never tell whether they believe in you or they have some entirely different vision which you've failed to communicate. It's like waiting for audition results. It's neat stuff, I'm proud of it. Wish I could show more. :)

G may have a few days off next week, making big plans, all of which will probably be either trumped by weather or we'll be working on the railing. I had breakfast at N's yesterday, going through his hiking booklet. That is one absurdly hikey family, his. :D

We are planning on going to the clinic tomorrow morn, to get vaccinated 'gainst tick-borne encephalitis. (We do spend a lot of the time in the forest. Normally I shower right after and the General checks my skin carefully, but ticks can be sneaky.) My sis says anti-bodies for TBE elevate the risk of Lyme disease, but she leans more towards the Alex Jones school of thought, reads not scientific articles but Internet forums, claims a roe deer approached her dog the other day, and has read that in case of bear encounter, talking softly to it is the way to go. I think I'll get vaccinated. :P

0 comments: